Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Therapist (PROCAT)
QualificationProfessional Certificate of Aesthetic Therapist (PROCAT)
Entry RequirementAnyone who are keen to learn more about Aesthetic and Beauty Treatment
Duration Period1) Total class hours for PROCAT is 40 hours and divided into 3 Sessions, known as Session I, II, and III
2) There will be 1 session in each month and each session will consist of 12 hours training divided into 2 days
3) The date and time shall be informed at the beginning of the program
4) IAAA shall notify any change of time, if arises, serving sufficient notice to the students
International Academy of Advance Aesthetic is an intensive course of aesthetic and beauty provided for non-medical personnel. We provide high quality education and vocational training with a structured curriculum conducted by a group of certified aesthetic trainer. The program is dedicated to equips with the knowledge and skills through all theories and practices, allowing them to stand out and ready to excel in the beauty industry. We are located at Kota Damansara and Johor Bahru.
The program focuses on the theoretical aspect encompassing the science of aesthetics and the application of evidence-based practice, assessment and management of clients presenting with aesthetic problems. In addition, supervision and training is provided by Aesthetic Medical practitioners, certified beauty therapist and aestheticians during the practices.
Students will develop medical knowledge, practical skills and critical awareness of minimal invasive and non-invasive procedures supported by leading experts in the field. Upon completion of the program, Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Therapist (PROCAT) will be awarded to the successful students.
- To offer general public who are interested to learn about aesthetic and beauty with a structured curriculum, conducted by a group of certified trainers/tutor
- To provide opportunity to the public in order to learn and enhance their knowledge in aesthetic and beauty industry
- To enhance the quality of aesthetic and beauty treatment by non-medical personnel
- To become a centre of excellent in education/training for aesthetic and beauty locally and internationally
Non-medical personnel: General public, beautician, aesthetic therapist, aesthetic clinic assistant, nurse and spa owner.
Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Therapist program consist of 3 modules :
Modules 1: Fundamental in Aesthetic Practice
- Philosophy of Human Beauty
- Beauty Concept in Aesthetic Industry
- Facial Anatomy and Physiology
- Skin Anatomy and Physiology
- Aging process
- Safety and Hygiene
Modules 2: Legislation, Rules, Regulation and Good Aesthetic Practice
- KPDNKK guidelines for beauty / cosmetic/ aesthetic/ spa and related KKM act on aesthetic services
- PBT (Local Authority Agency) regulations on beauty / cosmetic / aesthetic / spa
- Good Aesthetic Practice
Modules 3: Introduction and Practical of Aesthetic Procedures
- Overview of Non-invasive, Minimal invasive and Invasive aesthetic procedures
- Introduction of Facial Cleansing, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of Microdermabrasion, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of Superficial Chemical Peel, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of Micro-needling, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of RF skin tightening devices, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of IPL devices, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Introduction of Carbon Laser, live demonstration and practical of the procedure
- Kuala Lumpur Training Centre, S62-1, Red Carpet Avenue, Jalan PJU 5/22, Encorp The Strand Mall, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Johor Bahru Training Centre, Suite 23.02A Level 23A, City Square Office Tower, 80000 Johor Bahru Malaysia
- Students need to attend minimum 80% from the total lecture hours to be eligible to sit for the examination and assessment.
- Students shall notify and provide a valid reason to IAAA if unable to meet the minimum attendance hours requirement.
- Failure to do so will result in students not eligible to sit for exam and having to re-sit the entire module with full chargeable fee.
- Eligible Participants need to sit for PROCAT written exam and assessment at the end of the program.
- IAAA secretariat shall inform the date and location prior to the exam and assessment.
- Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Therapist will only be awarded to the successful participants.
- In the event of failure to pass the exam, participants have the option to re-sit for the examination and assessment at another given date and time (additional fee incurred)
- January – Johor Bahru Training Centre
- March – Kota Damansara Training Centre
- May – Johor Bahru Training Centre
- July – Kota Damansara Training Centre
- September – Johor Bahru Training Centre
- November – Kota Damansara Training Center
Examination and practical assessment
Basic Language Requirement
Able to understand English or Bahasa Malaysia
Who should enroll?
General public, beautician, aesthetician, medispa therapist, aesthetic clinic assistant